Monday, March 1, 2010

Blog 12

For my literacy narrative I made a lot of changes based on the comments I was given. It’s actually funny because normally I wouldn’t revise an academic essay if it was optional so it’s baffling a bit to me that I actually wanted to revise this and make changes to it…

So I went through originally and added in all of the things you commented on like bringing out my focus, adding some reflections to make points clear, and so on. Some of the points were really good and I loved adding more on things while other spots were harder to write about. After I had added all of that in it was eleven and a half pages so I had to start from the beginning and take out things that were unnecessary and things that were in there just taking up space. So that got it down to a little over nine pages. So I had to read through it again and I started to tighten up sentences so they were sorter and I took out unneeded words. It was finally nine full pages but I wanted to make it a little shorter so I thought that I’d read it through once more and try to shorten it even more. When I had finally sent in the email I had revised my narrative about six times over all to get it to where I was a little bit comfortable with sending it in. which is funny cause again I usually don’t care about academic essays and this is the most work I have ever put into a school essay that wasn’t for my Creative Writing class. Granted my creative writing pieces are now in my series.

In my literary narrative I mainly added and deleted things. Lots of adding and just as much deleting because I added enough to get from nine pages to almost twelve page where I had to take out just as much so I could get it back down to nine.