I would like to know if i have a focus...
To define a writing process by dictionary standards is simple it is “the specific steps used in writing; choosing ideas, pre-writing, drafting, revising and editing, proofreading, and publishing the final version.” Yet to define it in the terms of a working thing that one uses in their own literary pursuits is much harder. A simple superficial definition will not suffice. As it would leave out crucial things that make it possible to understand what it is that truly makes up a writing process. My writing process for things that I find interesting such as my books is complex and a mixture of emotion and logic. While my process for things that do not interest me like academic essays is a simple logic based method.
Logic plays a part in both of my writing processes but the part it plays is very different. In my academic writing process it is the main part of each step because it has to be. All the guide lines are given to you and logic is what makes it possible to fulfill those. While in my creative writing I only use it in a few steps when I need to be detached from my writing so I can pick out what needs to stay or go.
In order to get to the point where I can pick what stays and goes I need ideas first. How I get ideas for my creative writing can be any number of things. Sometimes it can be something a friend says or does. Sometimes it can be a song. Many times in my books I write a whole scene that’s inspired by a song that I listen to. There is a scene in my novel based off the song ‘Your Heart is an Empty Room’ by Death Cab for Cutie.
2 comments:
I believe your focus is based on logic as you have mentioned it a couple of times. For example:While my process for things that do not interest me like academic essays is a simple logic based method." Then you clearly state that logic is a hugh part of your writing when you mention: Logic plays a part in both of my writing processes but the part it plays is very different." This is a good focus and you have a lot to build on here. The word choice is also impressive because it enhances the way you explain your process. Of course you have to add to the introduction, body, and conclusion to make it a whole essay but other than that, job well done Taylor.
You definitely do have a focus and you also have ideal process that you can expand on. Some of the ideas that really stood out to me were how you use thoughts from friends and also things that may interest you from songs and books. With that said, based on the fact that your writing process is a mixture of things that of your very interest you and may also spark up emotions. I feel like your main ideas and the approach that you plan on taking into this paper works hand in hand with main goal. I would love to see where this paper leads up to and keep up the good work.
Post a Comment