Thursday, February 11, 2010
Blog 7
I did learn a lot from these essays. Each one had points that I thought were really important and made a lot of sense and also fit into how I view writing. Scribner and Cole also bring up the point that writing in itself does not change the way you think but it’s the way that you use it that changes the way you think. This is something that I agree with because the way you use something always changes the way it helps or changes you. This is quite true for writing. Because if you use writing for “little” things like lists and other personal uses then it’s going to be something personal to you and it will change your thoughts y the fact that you’ll remember things from your list or other personal writings because you wrote it solely for yourself so you wrote it in a manner that you would indeed remember it. They also talked about how you learned writing changes the way you think. So many children don’t like writing and think of it as something bad because of the way they learned it. They might not be able to get past the way they were taught it to really make it their own. As for the skills that are associated with it this I think ties into the learning a bit because the skills that go with writing are often the precision with which you relay your point and the type of grammar and punctuation that you use. This changes your thought because if you have proper grammar in writing you’ll be more likely to fall into those sort of patters while speaking. The biological theory that is presented by Aaron and Joshi is another thing that I strongly agree with. If we were not meant to write then there would not be features in I biological make-up that would allow us to write. It is a human tendency to try and relate things to other people we normally do it with spoken words but there are sometimes that we cannot speak to someone so we found another way through writing to express what it is that we have in our mind. But as the New Literacy Narrative says culture does play a part in our writing and how we view writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment