Monday, February 1, 2010

Blog 2



Factors that are represented in influencing our relationship to written language according to Aaron and Joshi is (1) a theory of change in neural structure which gave us the ability to use language and this made a difference between human language and animal communication. (2) a theory of a gradual progression of phenotypic changes over a long period of time leading to the adaption of language and written language (3) “a theory that considers language as the product of interaction between genes and systems outside the genome including sociocultural environment.” And (4) a theory of “neo-neo-Darwinism” which says that there are countless ways available in the genome to adapt.


We learn from the biological perspective considers writing an extension of the mind. While the linguistic perspective says that writing is an extension of language. From the New Literacy Narrative you can see how each person has their own writing style not necessarily based upon a biological or social perspective.


I personally agree with the biological perspective because when I write it just comes from what I’m thinking. The same goes for the when I talk it just comes right from what I am thinking.


No comments: